It doesn’t matter if the kitchen is large or small – there is always not enough space for the necessary kitchen utensils and accessories. You can get rid of the problem if you use kitchen storage ideas that allow you not only to put things in order, but also save a lot of valuable space.
The proposed material considers options for the rational use of space in the kitchen, practical and affordable for reproduction.
1. Get rid of everything superfluous
Before organizing the kitchen space, you need to get rid of the trash. We advise you to do it according to the Marie Kondo method. Set aside a whole day for decluttering, such as Saturday or Sunday.
Open drawers, cabinets, shelves (yes, everything) and take out all the contents. Spread it out on the floor if space permits, so you can see everything clearly. Now you can start sorting (prepare large dense garbage bags).
Unnecessary household appliances, dishes, appliances in good condition can be displayed on Avito, donated, donated to charity or exchanged for something useful on a swap. Excess glass containers – hand over for recycling.
Check the expiration date on all products and discard the expired ones. Everything that you do not like visually or causes negative emotions is also better to send to the trash can. If you want your children to help you, but they have a lot of homework, buy finance essay and spend time with loved ones.
Remember the one year rule: if you haven’t used an item in the past 365 days, you probably don’t need it anymore.
2. Divide into categories
So you sorted out the trash, the next task is to correctly arrange the necessary items. To do this, divide the kitchen into conditional zones:
- daily needs. Plates, cups, cutlery, lunch boxes that you use every day. Place them in the nearest available;
- cooking food. This includes pots, pans, cutting boards, knives, measuring containers, graters, baking dishes and more;
- small household appliances. Blender, juicer, toaster, food processor. If you use it often – put it closer, no – put it in a distant closet;
- coffee and bar. Cups and saucers, coffee beans, tea, coffee maker or coffee machine, glasses, store next to each other so as not to waste time;
- space under the sink. Not only a trash can fits perfectly there, but also household chemicals, dishwasher tablets, a bag of bags (admit it, you also have it), a scoop;
- storage of valuables and dishes for the holidays. For souvenirs and services, it is better to find a separate closed place. The stacks of plates that are visible through the glass cabinet doors look messy.
- things that you rarely use, store in the far corners of shelves and cabinets. Frequently used – in the nearest access. For example, move your pizza cutter or cheese cutter to a higher shelf to free up a cutlery drawer. Devices that you rarely use can be conveniently stored in a container;
- keep it where you use it. Keep spices and oils close to the stove so that it is convenient to take them during the cooking process;
- every thing in the kitchen should have its own place;
Keep things of the same type in one place. Cereals, canned food, tea and coffee – all products should be stored in certain places. Then you will save a lot of time by unpacking packages from the store.
3. Arrange in containers
Containers are a real lifesaver when it comes to the kitchen. In large and medium boxes it is convenient to store spice jars, tea bags, snacks, as well as kitchen towels, medicines, sponges and rags – in general, everything that is usually scattered in different boxes.
It is convenient to remove the container from the shelf and put it back without disturbing the rest of the order.
If you want your kitchen to look tidy, put all your long shelf life foods in the same containers. Cereals, pasta, sugar, cocoa, bread, dried fruits will not crumble and will be available. In closed plastic containers, nuts will not absorb excess odors, and insects will not start in cereals.
Ready meals are conveniently stored in rectangular glass containers, which can then be stacked inside each other. Again, better do it with your children in a team, and use an essay writing service to free them from boring homework.
For instance, nursing writing services can help nursing students with their academic papers, such as research proposals and case studies.
But before you trust a service with your important assignments, it’s important to read write paper for me reviews from past customers. This will give you an idea of the quality and reliability of their services.
4. Remove all things from surfaces
After decluttering, you will probably free up a couple of lockers. There you can remove most of the things from the kitchen surfaces – so the room will become visually more spacious and cleaner.
If you are currently renovating and planning to update the kitchen, make it functional. Consider in advance places for large equipment. If you don’t like it when things are in plain sight, make larger cabinets to fit all the utensils in them.
A free space of 15-20 cm – for example between cabinets and a refrigerator – can be occupied by a high narrow rack. It is convenient to store cookbooks, tea, coffee and the necessary little things in it.
Proper arrangement and distribution of space is a paramount task for a kitchen of any size. Vertical and horizontal storage systems, as well as organizers for dishes, knives and products help make the space comfortable and convenient for cooking. If you approach the matter creatively, you can make any interior detail, even a doorway, ergonomic.