A laminate floor is a type of floor that is most susceptible to scratches. Therefore, if you choose to use it, then you will not be separated from the problem of scratches on the laminate floor. So, that’s why you need to know how to do a laminate floor scratch repair.
This article will discuss all the tips related to how to repair scratches on the laminate floor. That way, the appearance of the laminate flooring in your home will still be good. So, let’s look at the various tips here until the end.
Here are 2 Easy Ways to Repair Scratched Laminate Floors
If you want to make repairs to a scratched laminate floor, the first thing to do is find out how bad the scratch is. It is very important to be able to determine what repair is appropriate.
Well, if the scratches are still at a light level, you can use markers or crayons. If the scratch is severe, then use wax. However, you can use a laminate floor scratch repair kit to treat various types of scratches.
If you are not too sure about the handler, just ask the experts. However, if you still want to do it yourself, you can apply the following 4 easy ways.
1. Clean Laminate Floors First
The first thing to do is clean the scratched laminate flooring. Use several tools to clean it such as a broom, vacuum, or mop. The goal is to make the scratches on the floor more visible so that later repairs will be easier to do.
However, we strongly recommend that you use a mop that has been moistened with water so that all dust or dirt on the floor can be removed. That way, the scratches will be seen clearly and you can determine the best repair steps.
2. Use Laminate Floor Scratch Repair Products
The next step for doing a laminate floor scratch repair is to use a floor repair product or you can also use a laminate floor scratch repair kit. In general, there are 4 products that are usually used to repair scratched laminate floors.
- Wax: This product is a type of scratch removal product in the form of an all-in-one kit. So, preheat the wax and use the applicator to apply it to the scratched floor surface. Then, wait 5-7 seconds for the wax to cool.
- Burn-In Sticks: Another product that can be used is burn-in sticks which need to be heated beforehand so they can be used to coat scratched floor surfaces.
- Touch-Up Pencils: The next products you can use to repair scratched floors are touch-up pencils, crayons, and markers. All of these products are very suitable for use on laminate floors that experience light scratches. You only need to color the scratched area of the floor so that the scratch will be disguised.
- Floor Putty: If the floor scratches are too deep, then use this floor putty. Use this product at a 45 degree angle. Then, fix all the scratched sides of the floor with the floor putty. Then, use the tip of a knife to remove excess floor putty. If so, wait for the layer to dry for one day or 24 hours. This is a type of permanent fix that can make all the scratches on the floor disappear completely.
How? Enough with these two laminate floor scratch repair methods, the laminate floor in your home will look like new again. So, don’t wait until later! So, do the tips above to repair your laminate flooring now.