Everyone wants their living room to be comfortable and appealing. We try everything to make a place to relax and feel cozy. But sometimes, even after trying everything, we fail to do so.
While some may say it is the game of furniture, the lighting, and the size of teh room, we believe that is everything with distributed proportion.
Whether it’s lighting, furniture, decorative items, wall paints, and floor rugs – Everything contributes to creating a cozy place. If you find it hard to maintain the balance, seek help from a professional like Bandpass Design.
If your living room is hindering your style, you can always update it to match your taste. Below we have listed down a few family room decorating ideas.
Floating Wall Shelves
Floating wall shelves are a great way to enhance the look and feel of your apartment living room. They are a stylish and functional way to add storage and display space without taking up valuable floor space. Here are a few ways you can use floating wall shelves to enhance your cozy apartment living room:
- Display Decor: Use floating wall shelves to display your favorite decor items, such as vases, picture frames, or small sculptures.
- Add Books: Floating wall shelves are a great way to add a library feel to your living room. Fill them with your favorite books and create a cozy reading nook.
- Create A Gallery Wall: Group several floating wall shelves together to create a gallery wall. This is a great way to add visual interest to your living room.
- Add Plants: Use floating wall shelves to add greenery to your living room. They are a great way to incorporate plants into your decor without taking up floor space.
- Storage: Floating wall shelves can store items such as remote controls, magazines, and other small items you want to keep within easy reach.
- Create Symmetry: Use floating wall shelves to create symmetry in the room. Place two shelves on opposite walls to create a balanced look.
- Personalize: You can paint or stain the floating shelves to match your living room decor and make it look like it was always there.
Warm Lighting To Illuminate Your Cosy Living Room
Warm lighting is a great way to create a cozy and inviting atmosphere in your living room. Here are a few ways you can use warm lighting to illuminate your space:
- Use Table Lamps: Table lamps are a great way to add warm light to your living room. They can be used to add task lighting and to create a warm and inviting ambiance.
- Add Floor Lamps: Floor lamps are a great way to warm your living room. They can be used to add accent lighting and create a cozy atmosphere.
- Use Wall Sconces: Wall sconces are a great way to add ambient lighting to your living room. They can be used to add task lighting and to create a warm and inviting ambiance.
- Incorporate Dimmer Switches: Dimmer switches allow you to adjust the brightness of your lights, creating a warm and inviting ambiance in your living room.
- Use Warm-Toned Light Bulbs: Warm-toned light bulbs can create a warm and inviting ambiance in your living room. Look for bulbs with a color temperature of 2700K-3000K.
- Layer Lighting: Use a combination of overhead lighting, table lamps, floor lamps, and wall sconces to create a warm and inviting ambiance in your living room.
- Add Candles: Candles can be a great way to add warmth and a cozy atmosphere to your living room. Use them to create a relaxing ambiance during the evening.
Use Mirrors To Make Your Living Room Look More Spacious
Mirrors can be a great way to make a small living room look more spacious. Here are a few ways you can use mirrors to enhance the space:
- Use A Large Mirror As A Focal Point: Hang a large mirror on a main wall to reflect light and create the illusion of more space.
- Add Multiple Mirrors: Use several smaller mirrors to create a sense of depth and make the room appear larger.
- Use Mirrors To Reflect Light: Place a mirror opposite a window to reflect natural light and brighten the space.
- Use Mirrors To Create Symmetry: Hang two mirrors on opposite walls to create symmetry and balance in the room.
- Use Mirrors To Reflect Artwork: Hang a mirror behind a piece of art to reflect it and create the illusion of more space.
- Use Mirrors To Reflect Greenery: Place a mirror opposite a plant or a terrarium to reflect it and create the illusion of more space.
- Experiment With Different Shapes And Sizes: Try out different mirror shapes and sizes to see which works best for your living room space.
Remember that mirrors can also be used in combination with other decorating techniques to create a sense of depth and make a room appear larger.
It’s important to be mindful of the placement of the mirrors and ensure that they are used in a way that complements the room’s overall design.
Utilize The Corners Creatively
Corners in a room can often be overlooked, but they can be utilized creatively to add functionality and style to the space. Here are a few ways you can utilize the corners in your living room:
- Add A Corner Bookshelf: A corner bookshelf can be a great way to add storage and display space in a small living room.
- Create A Cozy Reading Nook: Use a corner to create a cozy reading nook by adding a comfortable chair and a small table.
- Use A Corner Plant Stand: A corner plant stand can be a great way to add greenery to the room without taking up valuable floor space.
- Add A Corner Desk: A corner desk can be a great way to add a functional workspace in a small living room.
- Use A Corner As A Gallery Wall: Hang a series of framed art or photographs in a corner to create a gallery wall.
- Create A Corner Bar: A corner bar can greatly add functionality and style to a living room.
- Add A Corner Fireplace: A corner fireplace can be a great way to add warmth and style to a living room.
It’s important to remember that the key to creatively utilizing the corners in a room is to find the right balance between functionality and aesthetics. The idea is to make the most of the space and to create a cohesive look throughout the room.