In this day and age, noise pollution is found mainly everywhere and is still spreading. This unwanted or disturbing sound provides nothing but adverse effects to humans and animals alike as they interfere with their daily lives like; conversations, studying, working, and most importantly, sleeping.
The way to counter noise pollution is to soundproof your home to prevent or minimize unwanted noise that comes from the outside. Installing noise-reducing peripherals, called “acoustical access doors,” is an excellent way to soundproof your home.
These access doors can reduce sound transmission and contain any noise from inside and outside the installed establishment providing the peace the owner desires.
Acoustical access doors are perfect for acoustic walls and ceilings so that the installed establishment can maintain the Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Outdoor-Indoor Transmission Class, which are essential if the user wishes to control the noise that comes in and out of the house. Products like a steel flush acoustical access door can get the job done when filtering noise.
Benefits of Using Acoustical Access Doors
Using acoustical access doors at home is the best way to soundproof your home, as it provides a list of benefits. Here are six benefits of using acoustic access doors:
1.) Lowers Overall Volume
Once you finish installing the acoustical access door, the overall volume from the outside is now at a level that won’t disturb you in the comfort of your home. Outside noises from animals, construction sites, cars, and airplanes are no longer problematic.
A great thing about acoustical access doors is that it affects both ways and those around your house. The noise that comes out of your home is also reduced due to the effects of this access door, making you a responsible neighbor.
2.) Improving Sound Quality
Acoustical access doors not only lessen the music from the outside but also improve the sound quality within your home. The sound from your entertainment devices is now at top performance, giving you a better experience.
This benefit will surely help if you are in a music-related profession when recording music, as you can produce the sound you want while not disturbing your neighbors.
3.) Reduced Echoes
A house with a high ceiling usually has issues regarding echoes in the place. Echoes are harmless, but to some, they are annoying sounds. Some items can help you reduce echoes in your house and, if combined with an acoustical access door, can eliminate the echoes your home produces.
Items That Can Reduce Echoes:
- Carpets and rugs
- Heavy window curtains
- Canvas Paintings
- Framed Wall Pictures or Paintings
4.) Improved Productivity
Installing acoustical access doors is very helpful if you are a student or have a job in a work-from-home setting. You are now productive and can reach your goals directly due to the reduced outside noise.
Putting on window curtains can also help mask the noise from outside if you can achieve the level of silence you want in your home.
5.) Prevents Health Related Effects
Even if sound or noise is not physical in form, repeated exposure to these can affect humans and animals, too, in physical and psychological ways. Here’s a list of how noise pollution affects humans and animals negatively.
Adverse Effects of Noise Pollution On Our Health:
- Psychological – Since the brain makes you aware of any sound that is a sign of danger, repeated or loud noises can trigger stress or anxiety. People in the presence of noise pollution in their daily lives may feel angry and constantly on edge, thus affecting their mental health. These effects are to both humans and animals.
- Physical – Although the sound is not physical in form, it can physically affect humans by causing hearing impairments, affects loudness perception, distorted hearing, and tinnitus.
- Memory and Concentration – Loud noises can affect a person’s ability to focus and memory, leading to low performance in school or work.
- Sleeping Habit – Lack of sleep causes more negative and severe effects such as heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, obesity, and depression.
In addition to the noise-reducing capabilities of acoustical access doors, it comes with various aesthetics due to the design of these doors. If you’re thinking of noise-proofing your home with this door, you might as well do it in style.
In noise pollution, the ones affected here are the humans and animals, who are also responsible for this unwanted noise. Here are situations where they are the ones causing noise:
Types of Noise Pollutants and Examples:
- Construction Sites: Construction vehicles and equipment like; chipping guns, drills, excavators, and bulldozers.
- Street Traffic Noise: Sirens, car horns, and pedestrians.
- Air Traffic Noise: Aircraft noise flying above your house.
- Animals: Barking and howling of dogs, hissing and meowing of cats, and a rooster’s “cock-a-doodle-doo”.
- Events: Loud music from parties, weddings, clubs, and pubs.
Using acoustical access doors is not just soundproofing devices but also provides various effects that you and your neighbor can benefit from.
Purchase one now if you need help with the noise surrounding your home and get the level of sound you want in your home.