Flowers can add the perfect decorative “pop!” to any interior space – especially when you play around with different (and creative) designs and applications.
Below we run through a bunch of different ideas you can use to shake things up with your décor, brightening your space with fresh flowers – regardless of the time of year.
Combine these tips with a membership to a bouquets subscription and you’ll never have to worry about having fresh flowers around again!
Unique Ways to Brighten Up Your Space with Fresh Flowers
Try Just Using Flower Heads
There are several ways you can decorate with just the heads of flowers:
- Create a floral garland or swag by stringing the flower heads onto a length of twine or ribbon. This can be hung on a wall, mantel, or above a doorway.
- Arrange the flower heads in a shallow bowl or tray and place it on a coffee table or mantel.
- Use the flower heads to create a table centerpiece by placing them in a vase or other container.
- Add the flower heads to a bouquet or arrangement of other flowers.
- Create a wreath by hot gluing the flower heads onto a foam or straw wreath base.
- Use the flower heads to decorate a frame or other piece of home decor by hot gluing them onto the surface.
Floating Florals Work Well, Too
You can get pretty creative brightening up your décor with floating floral arrangements, too!
- Create a floating flower arrangement by placing a foam ball or other buoyant material in a bowl or vase and inserting the stems of the flowers into the foam.
- Add floating candles to the water along with the flowers for a romantic touch.
- Use floating flowers to decorate a pool or spa by placing a few stems in a floating candle holder or another waterproof container.
- Create a unique centerpiece by filling a shallow tray or dish with water and adding a few stems of floating flowers.
- Use floating flowers to add a touch of whimsy to a child’s bedroom or playroom by placing a few stems in a small bowl or vase.
- Fill a large glass jar or vase with water and add a few stems of floating flowers for a simple yet elegant display.
Break Big Bouquets Into Multiple Small Ones
Large floral arrangements can add a lot of freshness to a space, but their effect is almost always concentrated in the immediate area around the bouquet.
Here are some tips to break those bigger arrangements into smaller ones for more impact. Having multiple “duplicate” arrangements can help tie spaces together thematically, too.
- Place one small bouquet on each end table or nightstand in a bedroom.
- Arrange one small bouquet in a vase on a dining room table and the other on a console table in the entryway.
- Place one small bouquet on a desk or credenza in a home office and the other on a shelf or mantel in the living room.
- Use one small bouquet to decorate a guest bedroom and the other to add a touch of color to a bathroom.
- Place one small bouquet on a coffee table in the living room and the other on a kitchen counter or island.
- Use one small bouquet to decorate a patio or outdoor living space and the other to add a touch of color to a sunroom or conservatory.
- Arrange one small bouquet in a vase on a dresser in a bedroom and the other on a vanity in a bathroom.
- Place one small bouquet in a vase on a bookshelf and the other on a mantle.
- Use one small bouquet to decorate a baby’s nursery and the other to add a touch of color to a playroom.
Decorate with Dried Flowers!
Dried flowers are a lot of fun to decorate with, and (believe it or not) they can add a lot of lightness, brightness, and freshness into space – even though they’ve been dried for months (if not longer).
Here are some tips:
- Add dried flowers to a bouquet or arrangement of fresh flowers for a rustic, natural look. Alternatively, you can create a bouquet or arrangement entirely out of dried flowers for a more permanent display.
- Press the dried flowers and use them to decorate cards, invitations, or other paper crafts.
- Create a fragrant potpourri by mixing dried flowers with other dried herbs and petals.
- Use dried flowers to decorate a shadow box or other display case.
- Use dried flowers to create a scented sachet by placing them in a small bag or pouch.
- Decorate a picture frame or other home decor item by hot gluing dried flowers onto the surface.
Create a Hanging Flower “Garden”
To create a hanging fresh flower “garden”, you will need:
- A length of twine or ribbon
- Fresh flowers with stems
- A hook or other means of hanging the display
- Cut the twine or ribbon to the desired length.
- Tie one end of the twine to the hook or other means of hanging the display.
- Cut the stems of the flowers to the desired length, leaving enough stems to secure the flowers to the twine.
- Begin attaching the flowers to the twine by tying them onto the twine at evenly spaced intervals. You can mix and match different types and colors of flowers to create a colorful and varied display.
- Once you have attached all of the flowers, hang the display in the desired location using the hook or other means of hanging.
- If the flowers begin to wilt, remove them and replace them with fresh flowers to maintain the display.
Use flowers with sturdy stems that will hold up well when hung.
Consider using a floral wire or other means of securing the flowers to the twine if the stems are not long enough to tie onto the twine.
Choose flowers that will complement the color scheme and style of the room in which the display will be hung.
Consider adding other decorative elements, such as ribbons or small plants, to the display to add visual interest.
Color Match Your Flowers and Décor
Matching your flowers to your decor can help create a cohesive and harmonious look in a room. When flowers are used as part of a decorating scheme, they should be chosen to complement the style and color scheme of the space. Here are a few tips for matching your flowers to your decor:
- Choose flowers that complement the color scheme of the room. For example, if the room has a neutral color palette, consider using flowers in shades of white, cream, or pale pink. If the room has a more vibrant color scheme, consider using flowers in bold, bright colors to add a pop of color.
- Consider the style of the room when selecting flowers. For a formal, traditional space, choose flowers in classic arrangements or bouquets. For a more modern or casual space, choose more relaxed or informal arrangements.
- Use flowers to add pops of color to a neutral-toned room. For example, if the room has a monochromatic color scheme, consider adding a bouquet of brightly colored flowers to bring some visual interest to the space.
- Choose flowers that complement the overall theme of the room. For example, if the room has a beachy or tropical theme, consider using tropical flowers or plants to enhance the theme.
- Consider the size and scale of the flowers in relation to the size of the room and the other decor elements. For example, large arrangements or bouquets may be more appropriate for a large, open living space, while smaller arrangements may be more suitable for a smaller room or space.
- Mix and match different types and varieties of flowers to create a varied and interesting display. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different combinations to find the perfect match for your decor.
Of course, if you’re going to be decorating with flowers, you’re going to need a steady supply of fresh and beautiful flowers to work with.
That’s where bouquet subscriptions come into play!
Here’s a quick rundown of why you might want to check out one of these subscription services ASAP:
- Convenience: With a fresh flower subscription, you don’t have to worry about remembering to buy flowers or make time to visit the florist. The flowers will be delivered to you on a regular basis, so you can enjoy fresh blooms in your home or office without the hassle.
- Variety: Many fresh flower subscriptions offer a variety of flowers, so you can enjoy a different selection each month or week. This can be a great way to try out new types of flowers and add some variety to your home decor.
- Saves time and money: A fresh flower subscription can save you time and money compared to buying flowers individually. You may be able to get a better deal on the overall cost of the flowers, and you won’t have to spend time and money driving to the florist or flower shop.
- Stress-free gifting: A fresh flower subscription can make a great gift for someone special, and it’s a thoughtful and stress-free way to show you care. The recipient will appreciate receiving fresh flowers on a regular basis, and you don’t have to worry about remembering to send a bouquet or arrangement.
- Improves mood and well-being: Flowers have been shown to have a positive impact on mood and well-being, so having a fresh flower subscription can be a great way to brighten your day and improve your overall quality of life.
- Easy to cancel or change: Many fresh flower subscriptions offer flexible terms and are easy to cancel or change, so you can adjust the subscription to fit your needs and preferences.
Sign up for a fresh flower bouquet today!