Owing to the technological revolution that has taken the past few decades by a storm, electronic equipment defines our lives. Mobile phones, computers, tablets are our go-to gadgets for literally everything.
The amount of data these devices can store is something like never before. Needless to say, it will cost us a lot if we happen to lose them, or it gets damaged by anything.
There’s a fair probability of our businesses standing still, and our lives undergoing major changes. Electronic equipment insurance becomes essential in this regard.
1) Categories of Electronic equipment insurance:
Our daily lives are studded with examples of our using gadgets every now and then according to our convenience. Thus, protecting these electronic items becomes imperative. However, all our needs are different, as is our choice of gadgets.
Hence, the coverage provided to them should cater to their needs. The insurance providers acknowledge that and have come up with the following types of coverages:
- All risks: The problems arising from mechanical and pyrogenic damage are covered under electronic equipment insurance. Fire, earthquakes, etc. are examples of natural disasters, terrorism, riots are examples of man-made calamities.
- External data media: Data can be lost on external media devices like DVDs, pen drives, magnetic drives, etc. The insurance company provides coverage for that too.
2) What are the few electronic items used by every household?
There are some staples when it comes to electronic goods, which are necessary for the smooth functioning of a household. They are as follows:
- Mobile phones
- Washing machine
- Microwave Oven
- Air Conditioner
All of these electronic items play an instrumental role in our houses and can’t be done without. Moreover, they are costly investments, which will make a big hole in our pocket if damaged, or stolen.
To safeguard these items, insurance plans have cropped up in recent times. However, the abundance of such lucrative plans may end up being counter-productive for us.
In order to understand plans better, we should compare one insurance quote with other websites or outlets so we can consume products responsibly.
There are different variants of television like LED, LCD, or smart T.V. and all these items are expensive, which can incur a huge monetary loss if it gets stolen or damaged.
To cover such risks beyond the warranty period, the T.V. insurance is crafted, keeping your interest in mind. The two types that you can avail are:
- An individual package which covers the T.V. set and the antennas coming along with it
- A combined plan which covers a lot of other products(products insurance) and one of them being T.V.
With every passing day, our work is becoming increasingly digital, and so laptops are becoming our best friend. How often do we need to work from home with nothing apart from one laptop? If laptops get lost, they can incur huge risks of various degrees. To stop that from occurring, the laptop insurance covers you for:
- Cracking and damage of screens of laptops
- Electrical and mechanical breakdown
- Liquid damage
- Theft, burglary, loss
- All the common brands like HP, Dell, Lenovo, Apple are all covered.
3. Mobile phones
Nowadays, mobile phones have all our life’s information almost, and loss of that can be catastrophic. The data of the device is not always password protected and is vulnerable to be misused at any point of time. Under such conditions, protecting these smartphones becomes almost imperative.
Are you looking for feasible mobile phone insurance plans? There is a high probability that your homeowners insurance and renters insurance will cover the mobile phones as well. The range of coverage available from these plans are:
- Theft, burglary, or loss is dangerous as it is a sure-case of a secondary person having access to the phone. Hence, it is duly covered.
- Accidental breakage needs to be catered to as the good old repairs aren’t the way to go, since it can cost more than replacing it.
- Loss of the mobile phone isn’t covered under warranty and so it needs insurance protection all the more.
- Liquid damage
- Protection of high-end phones.
4. Washing machine
Out of all the electronic items, it is safe to say that the washing machine is one of the most important items out there. It saves us the trouble of washing clothes.
Newer versions of these devices come with smart features which makes life easy for sure, but is associated with a steep price as well.
Accidental damage due to fire, mechanical force, burglary, or electrical breakdown of these devices should be taken care of, and that is where the insurance plan comes in handy.
5. Microwave oven
Undoubtedly, it is the handiest kitchen home appliances as it helps us warm our foods up, cook dishes easily.
Microwave ovens are subject to accidental breakage, failure, etc. Covering such breakages through repair, and replacements with a minimal fee can go a long way in maintaining these devices, and the insurance plans do just that.
6. Air conditioner
The urban life has acclimatized us with the temperature control of air conditioners which protects us from the smoldering heat outside.
New features of A.C. makes it all the more user-friendly and smarter. However, the prices hike along with features upgrade, does it not?
The insurance plan of this device covers accidental physical damage caused by fire or associated issues, mechanical or electrical breakdown, burglary, or any accidental external damage. Failure due to gross negligence isn’t covered.