How to Remove Walnut Stains from Hands? If you are here, you probably handled or pick up walnut woods and get your hands stained. And now, you are looking for a way to remove it.
Well, we got you covered. Here, we will tell you how to remove walnut stains from hands. We will tell you 4 different ways to do it. Ready? Let’s start.
How to Remove Walnut Stains from Hands
1. Using Lemon Juice
To clean walnut stains from your hands using lemon, prepare a half or a cup of lemon juice. You can use juice from a fresh lemon or bottled lemon juice for this. Either is fine.
Then, follow these steps:
- Squirt a generous amount of the juice on your hands. Add two tablespoons of salt to your hands.
- Rub your hands together. Try to rub your hands as vigorously as you can.
- Continue rubbing your hands until the stains are removed.
No need to be afraid when doing this. The combination of salt and lemon juice can remove walnut stains from your hands without causing any harm to your skin.
This method is, however, not suitable for people with dry skin. So if you have dry skin, try other methods below.
2. Using Baking Soda
Next, how to remove walnut stains from hands using baking soda. If rubbing your hands with lemon juice and salt doesn’t remove the stains or if you have dry skin, you can try removing the stains using baking soda.
For this method, you will need toothpaste, baking soda, and a toothbrush. Here’s how to clean the stains:
- Smear toothpaste on the toothbrush, add baking soda to the paste.
- Scrub the stained areas on your hands with the toothbrush. Do so in a circular motion.
- Keep scrubbing until the stains are removed.
3. Using Cooking Oil
With cooking oil? Yes, with cooking oil. Don’t worry, any cooking oil will do. Follow the steps below to clean the stains using cooking oil.
- Pour a generous amount of cooking oil on your hands.
- Rub your hands gently.
- If you don’t have sensitive skin, you can try the lemon juice method first, then do this one. If you have sensitive skin, rub the oil longer in several rounds.
4. Using a Nail Brush
If you find the previous methods unsatisfying, you can try removing the stains using a nail brush. Here’s how to remove walnut stains from hands using a nail brush:
- Make sure your hands are dry.
- Brush the stains off from your hands
- Continue brushing until the stains fade completely.
- Wash your hands
- Once you notice the walnut stains on your hands, try any of the methods above as soon as possible. The longer the stains sit, the more difficult it will be to remove them.
- Walnut stains are difficult to remove. You might need to do each method above at least three times so the stains are removed.
- After you tried any of the above methods, you should wash your hands thoroughly and moisturize them. The rubbing motion, as well as exposure to the cleaning substances used, can dry your skin out. In some cases, might even chafe it.
- By washing your hands thoroughly, you remove any leftover cleaning substances. By applying a moisturizing lotion, you protect your skin against irritation.
How to Avoid Getting the Stains
Dealing with walnut can lead to bothersome stains that are difficult to remove. The question is, can you handle walnut without getting the stains? After all, if your hands are not stained, there is no need to clean them in the first place.
The answer is yes. Here’s how:
- Put the walnuts on a hard surface. Then, smash them with a hammer.
- Put the walnuts on a hard surface, cover them with a board. Then, step on the board so the walnuts break open.
- If you still want to extract the nutmeat with your hands, wear eye protection and gloves. This, however, doesn’t guarantee you from staining. The inside walnut may gush out when you crack the nut open. Yes, the stains are just that strong.
Now you know how to remove walnut stains from hands. You can let the stains left untreated. The thing is, the stains will get worse for a few days before they go away on their own.
If you are fine with waiting for a few days for the stains to fade, that’s okay. If not, you can try the above ways. We hope this help.